National Conventions and District and State Conferences
The Knights of Peter Claver was originally founded November 7, 1909 in Mobile Alabama as an organization to allow men of color membership in a Catholic fraternal society. The organization was incorporated July 12, 1911 at Mobile, Alabama. Divisions of the Knights of Peter Claver, Inc were established as follows:
- 1917 Fourth Degree (Authorized)
- 1917 Junior Knights (Authorized)
- 1922 Ladies Auxiliary (Authorized)
- 1926 Ladies Auxiliary Division ( Established)
- 1930 Junior Daughters Division (Established)
- 1935 Junior Knights Division (Established)
- 1980 Ladies of Grace Meritorious Division (Established)
With strong support of The Church throughout the years, the Order now has over 700 subordinate units throughout the United States and a Unit in Colombia, South America. Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, the Order is comprised of over 18,000 Catholic family members. We continue our expansion efforts welcoming all Catholics to join. The Order is a member of the International Alliance Catholic Knights.
In 1926, under the leadership of the KPC National Council, we answered the call to organize and establish the Knights of Peter Claver, Ladies Auxiliary. And so, it was over 85 years ago that the National Council recognized local courts to form the Knights of Peter Claver Ladies Auxiliary. A tree was planted that has now grown into a forest of approximately 11,000 Ladies.
Who is the KPC Ladies Auxiliary?
- We are Ladies who are young and yearning, wise and seasoned, vivacious and vibrant, studious and stunning, bold and bodacious, awesome and awe-inspiring, dedicated and determined.
- We are strong, proud and independent women willing to be of service to Our Noble Order.
- We are wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends with a common goal of Faith, Unity, and Christian Charity.
- We are Ladies with our own unique identities who possess self-confidence, integrity, and the courage to express our opinions.
- We are Ladies willing to ensure the continuation of Our Noble Order for another 100 years.
To effect change in our communities, we must have the courage to demand the impossible and challenge ourselves. We must promote who we are as an organization. We all play a role in shaping our future. Will you join us?
Your Invitation to Catholic Action!
We extend a cordial invitation to all Catholics to join or reinstate your membership in the Knights of Peter Claver, Knights of Peter Claver Ladies Auxiliary, the Junior Knights or the Junior Daughters
Goals and Objectives of the Order
- To be a supporter to the local parishes and to the Bishop of the diocese
- To participate collectively in various parish and community activities
- To promote civic improvements and social justice
- To encourage Lay Apostolic and Catholic action
- To make contributions to worthwhile causes
- To award scholarships and support education
- To foster recreational assemblies and facilities
- To develop youth in a positive, nurturing environment
- To provide social and intellectual fellowship for its members